Consolidated Coatings uses the Sika product line throughout our work on commercial buildings in the Baltimore area. Sika is the world’s largest manufacturer of one-component polyurethane sealants and adhesives, and possesses more than 700 unique patent families in its extensive patent portfolio. Sika makes products for use in concrete, waterproofing, roofing, flooring, sealing and bonding, refurbishment, and industry. Consolidated Coatings uses Sika 2C, Sika 123 Plus, and Sikaflex in our building restoration work in Baltimore. The following product information is from Sika’s website:
Sikaflex-2c NS is a 2-component, premium-grade, polyurethane-based, elastomeric sealant. It is principally a chemical cure in a non-sag consistency. Meets ASTM C-920, Type M, Grade NS, Class 25, use T, NT, M, G, A, O, I and Federal Specification TT-S-00227E, Type II, Class A. Tested in accordance with ASTM C-1382 for use in EIFS systems.
- Intended for use in all properly designed working joints with a minimum depth of 1/4 inch.
- Ideal for vertical and horizontal applications.
- Placeable at temperatures as low as 40°F.
- Adheres to most substrates commonly found in construction.
- An effective sealant for use in Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS).
- Submerged environments, such as canal and reservoir joints.
- Capable of ±50% joint movement.
- Chemical cure allows the sealant to be placed in joints exceeding 1/2 in. in depth.
- High elasticity with a tough, durable, flexible consistency.
- Exceptional cut and tear resistance.
- Exceptional adhesion to most substrates without priming.
- Available in 35 architectural colors.
- Color uniformity assured via Color-pak system.
- Available in pre-pigmented Limestone Gray (no Color-pak needed).
- Non-sag even in wide joints.
- Easy to mix.
- Paintable with water
Sika 123 Plus
SikaTop® 123 PLUS is a two-component, polymer-modified, portland cement, fast-setting, non-sag mortar. It is a high performance repair mortar for vertical and overhead surfaces, and offers the additional benefit of FerroGard® 901, a penetrating corrosion inhibitor.
- On grade, above, and below grade on concrete and mortar.
- On vertical and overhead surfaces.
- As a structural repair material for parking structures, industrial plants, water/waste water treatment facilities, roads, walkways, bridges, tunnels, dams, ramps, etc.
- Approved for repairs over cathodic protection systems.
- High compressive and flexural strengths.
- High early strengths.
- Increased freeze/thaw durability and resistance to de-icing salts.
- Compatible with coefficient of thermal expansion of concrete – Passes ASTM C-884 (modified).
- Increased density – improved carbon dioxide resistance (carbonation) without adversely affecting water vapor transmission (not a vapor barrier).
Enhanced with FerroGard® 901, a penetrating corrosion inhibitor – reduces corrosion even in the adjacent concrete.
Not flammable, non-toxic.
Conforms to ECA/USPHS standards for surface contact with potable water.
USDA certifiable for incidental food contact.
ANSI/NSF Standard 61 potable water approved.
Sikaflex 110 Liquid Seam Sealant is a non-shrinking, 100% solids, solvent free polyether based, moisture curing, elastomeric sealant. It forms a weather-tight seal when applied over sheathing board joints. Its distinctive blue color allows easy visual verification that all seams and gaps have been effectively sealed.
For use on exterior gypsum board sheathing, extruded polystyrene, EPS, concrete and plywood construction materials and it is installed prior to applying an air barrier coating.
Sealant can be left exposed for up to 6 months.
The placement of Sikflex 100 Liquid Seam Sealant to seal joints between construction materials is in compliance with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) mandatory requirements Section 502.5, 502.4, and 502.4.3 to seal the building envelope for Air Leakage and Moisture Control.